Why You Need an SEO Site Audit in Ottawa
Clients looking to better their business ask about the benefits of an SEO Site Audit in Ottawa. Not getting the traffic they expect or search ranking they want are two indicators they need a site evaluation. The best way to find out what needs to be tweaked is by assessing the current state of your SEO.
Let’s start by looking at what goes into one of these audits.
Search engines all have web crawlers automatically reviewing and indexing Internet content. They use some of the following aspects to determine the credibility of your website.
- The Bounce Rate. As the name suggests, these are visitors who leave your website without buying anything or taking any action.
- The Number of Backlinks. It’s not enough to have these. They need to come from credible websites that are relevant to your industry.
- The Keyword Density. This is a secret sauce determined by algorithms. Too many keywords can produce spammy content and you can be penalized. Too few keywords and they are not effective.
There are other ranking factors but the reason for using them is clear. Each page of your website is crawled to make sure it contains legitimate and useful content. Then, each page gets a ranking.
Sounds simple, right? Well, as you probably guessed, good SEO is a little more complicated. For instance, algorithms are tweaked with updates on a regular basis. This is why you need an SEO site audit in Ottawa. This evaluation process keeps your website up-to-date with these changes.
What Goes into One
Above the Fold Media will look at several different factors to make sure you get a complete audit. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve just started using SEO or you have a strategy you’ve been using for quite a while. Our experts can help you with a professional audit that looks at elements such as:
- Your Internal Links. These are important to building your site’s authority and ranking. We look for items such as links to help website visitors become loyal customers.
- Where You Need to Beef Up Content. You might need to add some value to the content on your webpages. Each page should fit into the theme of your site and be relevant in some way. Quite often, you’ll need to add a keyword or two to make sure each page gets found.
If you’d like to learn more about an SEO Site Audit in Ottawa, please get in touch today.