What SEO Local Presence in Ottawa Is and Why It Matters
SEO local presence in Ottawa is about optimizing a business website for boosted visibility and localized search engine results. Local search results have two different components– the organic search results and the Google My Business aspect.
It’s important to promote local businesses this way so they compete in the communities they are serving.
There are several components you need to put together before you can develop a local SEO strategy. Here are a few takeaways from Google’s guidelines for representing your business on the search engine. If Google can verify that your small business is authentic, you might be rewarded with one of the sidebar spaces in a local search.
- Start by double checking your business data. It’s essential to have the correct phone number, hours, name, address and any other information for each location. This is the first step in making it easy for customers and the search engines to find your small business. The name, address and phone number are commonly called the NAP. The best place for your NAP is the header or footer of your website.
- Make sure that your business model is clearly identified. Some examples include retail shops and restaurants that are brick-and-mortar. A caterer or plumber can be considered a service area business since they go to customers. Other businesses can be considered home-based like marketing or daycare. This is important because there are guidelines for each separate type on Google.
- It’s also important to have a clear statement of your business objectives posted.
Here are some other considerations for success when you’re implementing SEO local presence in Ottawa strategies.
- Boosting your internal linking strategy can help with your local rankings. Internal links do a number of things including supporting website navigation. They also assist with website hierarchy and the information architecture. These digital tools also help to distribute page authority among the different pages on your site.
- Adding location pages also helps. This works well when you have several brick-and-mortar locations. Adding a Google Map to your website will provide added ranking power. It’s important to avoid duplicate content at the same time.
Your website also needs to be mobile friendly. Consider the fact that 61% of each and every Google search is performed on a mobile device. People use this important aspect of your SEO Local Presence in Ottawa strategy to find directions to your brick-and-mortar location and read reviews.